plane wing blue sky
Bucket List: Travel to 30 Countries before 30
August 13, 2017
fayamatt winamax poker tournament
I’m Learning to Play Poker
August 21, 2017

To my friends coming to Thailand

longtail boat thailand

Welcome to Thailand

Almost. At least you’re willing to come or you wouldn’t read this post I assume. So before you buy your ticket and fly to discover this amazing country, here are a few stuff:

 

Come anytime between December to June.

You can come all year round if you really want, it doesn’t often rain all day. Thing is whenever it’s raining, you’re stuck. It’s why July to November might not be the best option if you have planned a short stay, or hope to be lucky especially in September and October. From January to May it’s pretty dry and hot everyday, it might be the best time to come around but it’s also the busiest time of the year, so you better plan ahead ;).

My pick would be either December so you avoid winter for a few weeks or June/July so you’re past the high season here.

royal temple bangkok

 

Don’t pack too much.

You don’t need more than a few shorts, a few tops, a pair of jeans or a dress if you want to go out, swim shorts, a pair of sneakers and flip flops. You’re set.

All the rest you can buy it here, and you will buy stuff here because it’s way cheaper, especially clothes. You also might want to keep some extra space in your suitcase to bring back everything you bought, souvenirs, electronic, … Think about in advance before you pack it when you arrive and end up at the end of the trip with 10 extra kilos of luggages you have to pay for.

 

Save money, it ain’t that cheap.

Of course you got cheap food, accommodation isn’t that bad either and transports are pretty ok.

But don’t forget you’ll have a lot of free time, which gives you endless things to do because this country never sleep. It’s not that Thailand is really expensive, but you’re always doing something, taking a cab, buying clothes because it’s way cheaper than back home, visiting something, eating, drinking and eating…

You might also easily get tempted by the luxurious venues (I’ve been), those fancy hotels and restaurants you wouldn’t be able to afford back home, here it’s accessible so why not treat yourself.

Plan ahead, because it doesn’t matter what amount you got in mind right now, I assure you you’re gonna spend more than you think.

 

Make a quick itinerary (with some spare time)

There’s so much to do, and see, places to visit, parties to attend… You won’t be able to do it all, even if you stay for months.

Make a list of what you want to visit, plan what vibe you want. Beautiful beaches, elephants, chill, get a suntan, party like crazy, trek, visit temples, explore Bangkok … or anything else. Also add a few extra days with no plan to give you room to stay longer somewhere if you had rain or you really love the place.

fayamatt elephant hua hin

 

About the girls.

If you go to Vegas, not all the girls are stripper. Maybe if their name is Crystal or Diamond you get yourself one. Except that, you’re good to go.

Same applies to Bangkok, not all girls are for sale and no, not all the beautiful ones are ladyboys.

First, if you “pick up” one girl in a Go Go bar, you’ll have to pay, or get her number and call her later. A girl you meet in a club or bar, if she wants to get paid to spend the night with you, you’ll know about it really soon after you met her. Freelancers ain’t shy talking about their rates.

Second, the ladyboys will (almost) always tell you they are one. Stop being afraid about it, 95% of the time you can spot them, the rest 5% you got yourself a unique thai experience to tell your friends ahah. See the bright side.

Third, use Tinder like everyone, you moron. It’s working here, way more than in Europe for example.

 

Send me a fucking message.

Don’t be a fucker or think you’re gonna disturb me. If I don’t have time to answer your messages, I’ll let you know. Will I host you? Probably not, but I’ll be happy to recommend as many stuff as I can and to take you out.

Feel free to ask about anything, I’ll share everything I know with you.

 

fayamatt girafe

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *